Main Article Content
According to foreign authors, the prevalence of DR in diabetic patients is 30-60%, of which 3-10% are in the proliferative stage of DR. In DM 1, the relative risk of developing DR is 1.79 times higher than in DM 2 . There is a strong relationship between the duration of SD and the prevalence of DR. In sick children with DM 1, after 2-3 years from the onset of the disease, clinical symptoms of DR are found in 15-20% of cases, after 5 years - in 50-60%, and after 10 years in almost all sick children. With type 2 diabetes, due to the late diagnosis of the disease, clinical signs of DR in children are recorded already when DM is detected in 15-30% of cases, after 3 years - in 50-70%, and after 10 years - in more than 90% patients.
- 1. Dedov I.I., Shestakova M.V. // Soharny diobet - Moscow - 2003 - Р. 231-243. 2. Dear T.M. // Diabetic Retinopathy - Moscow – 2000.-Р.3.
- 2. UK Prospektive Diabetes Study (UKPDS) Group: Tight blood pressure control and risk of macrovascular and microvascular complications in type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 38) // BMJ - 1998 - № 317 - P. 703-713.
- 3. Wilczynski M„ Dziegielewski K. // Klin Oczna - 2005 - № 10-12)-P.672-674.
- 4. Al-Till M.I., Al-Bdour M.D., Ajlouni K.M. // Eur J Ophthalmol - 2005 Jan.-Feb.-№ 15(1) -P.62-68.
- 5. Dowse G.K., Humphrey A.R. at al. - Prevalence and risk factors for dia¬betic retinopathy in the multietnnic population of Mauritius // Am. J. Epidemiol - 1998 - № 147 - P. 448-457.
- 6. Mensah E., Kohner E. // Topic Endocrinol - 2002 - № 1 9 - P. 14-18.
- 7. Olivarius N., Nielsen N.V., Andreasen A.H. - Diabetic retinopathy in newly diagnosed middle-aged and elderly diabetic patients. Prevalence and interrelationship with microalbuminuria and triglycerides //Graefes. Arch. Clin. Exp. Ophthalmol. - 2001 - Vol. 239 - №.9 -P. 664-672.
- 8. Segato T., Midena E., Grigoletto F. at al. - The epidemiology and preva¬lence of diabetic retinopathy in the Vento region of north east Italy. Veneto Group for Diabetic Retinopathy // Diadet. Med. - 1991 - №8 -S. 11-16.
- 9. Wong T.Y., Klein R., Islam F.M. at al. - Diabetic retinopathy in a multi-eth¬nic cohort in the United States // Am. J. Ophthalmol - 2006 - Vol. 141№ 3 - P. 446-455.